Hi friends, happy Monday! This time last week I was visiting the Serena & Lily headquarters in Sausalito, CA and it was so much fun. I was finally able to meet people I’ve only interacted with via phone or email. It’s always nice putting a face to a name!
I also got a little tour of the ‘white space’, which is where all of the design magic happens. Getting a sneak peek of spring & summer product was so exciting! Although I can’t wait until we launch all of the amazing pieces I saw, there are several beautiful fall pieces I want to highlight. I put together a living room space using some of my favorite pieces from the fall collection. Within each large collection, we have a few smaller drops that include more textiles, bedding and bath. It’s so nice to have these additional drops to keep everything feeling fresh.
There are so many pieces and concepts I love in this design. Hopefully this will give you some inspiration and maybe you’ll incorporate a few into your own home!
- Shelving Moments: In this space I have a few shelving moments going on. I love the idea of flanking a sofa with open shelving for storage/styling opportunities. The key here is mixing up the heights to create interest while still achieving balance. The symmetry in the end tables and lighting is giving this space balance. P.S. Both bookshelves are from McGee & Co!
- Textures: Don’t EVER be afraid to mix several textures into the same space. I’ve included rattan, reconstituted stone, wood, wool, leather and raffia in the same room.
- Console: I love the idea of placing a console behind a sofa. If the room and space allows for it, I say do it. It makes the space feel finished and allows for an additional storage and lighting moment.
- Swivel Chairs: These types of chairs are making a comeback and for good reason! Now that more and more homes are designed with an ‘open concept’ layout, swivel chairs allow you to easily continue conversation from one room to another.
- Additional Seating Moment: If you have a large enough room (and preferably by a window) another seating moment is key! I love the idea combining the Bodega Chair w/ ottoman (in the saddle leather cushion) a floor lamp and cozy textiles to create the perfect reading nook.
What’s your favorite moment?
|| Norfolk Sofa | Blake Raffia End Tables | Table Lamps | Headlands Pendant | Sepia Botanicals 1 | Sepia Botanicals 2 | Joanna Bookshelf | Colton Bookcase | Blakely Pillow | Silverlake Pillow | Ansel Coffee Table | Barton Swivel Chairs | Heron Rug | Beach Side Table | Cabot Console | Bar Harbor Table Lamp | Montana Mirror | Bodega Chair | Lakewood Throw | Nonu Orange Pillow| Floor Lamp | Baskets w/ Console | Orange Books | Decorative Shapes | White Books | Decorative Books | Concord Baskets | Decorative Art | Decorative Pottery (Small) | Vase in Bookshelf | Metal Object in Bookshelf | Brass Clock ||